We believe the Holy Bible is the true and inspired Word of God. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. (2 Peter 1:21)
. . . that we cannot get to Heaven by our own efforts.
- God demands that we be perfect. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
- We are all sinners. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- We deserve both physical death and eternal death in Hell. For the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23a)
- God the Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to bear the punishment that we deserve. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
- By faith we believe in Jesus as our Savior from sin. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We receive the gift of faith through the Word of God. Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. (Romans 10:17)
- Now we can live life to its fullest. I [Jesus] have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)
- God will hear and answer our prayers. Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me . (Psalm 50:15)
- Now we can live for God and do good works to his glory. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
- The Bible is the unchanging and error-free Word of God. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- The Bible centers on Jesus Christ. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 20:31)
The Bible is our guide in everything we think, say, and do.